Temescal Studios, founded in 2015, is a woman-led artist community and gallery dedicated to amplifying underrepresented voices to promote a more sustainable, economically just, artistically dynamic Oakland.
Temescal Studios operates with a member-based model of 8-12 artists who work out of the studio full-time. We offer artist showcases and art programming at free and sliding scales with the intention of making sustainable for the artist, accessible to the student, and available to the community.
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram: @temescalstudios
Ongoing Community Events:
- CREATIVE MONDAYS: Once a week we host a meet up for anyone interested in developing a daily creative practice. Led by: Christine Trowbridge. (2016-2017)
- WOMEN’s CIRCLE: Once a month we host a women’s circle for women of color. Led by: Yamini Oseguera-Bhatnagar (2017)
- “Resist” Artwork By Claire Rabkin (2017)
- “Memorias” Artwork By Alan Altamirano (2017)
- “Nina Wright’s Girl Mobbs Grafitti Camp for Girls” (2017)
- Mural and Artist Showcase: Chris Granillo, Julia Davis, Nina Wright (2016)
- “Shipwreck Smiles Artist Showcase” Curated by Lauren García (2016)
Past Teaching Artist-led Workshops:
- Alan Altamirano’s printmaking workshop (2017)
- Ginny Tremblay “Resist Print pop-up”. (2017)
- Christine Trowbridge “Youth Art and Creativity” (2017)