Every month – rain or shine! On the first Friday of every month, Oakland Art Murmur hosts an evening art walk featuring member galleries and mixed-use venues collectively open to the public. Oakland Art Murmur (OAM) began organizing the free, monthly art walk — known as The Art Murmur — in 2006. Today, OAM is an organization of over 50 galleries that produces weekly art walks, guided tours and other exclusive events. Learn more at About Oakland Art Murmur.
Navigate your way through first Friday to explore our community of 50+ venues using our Google Map. You can save it to “Your Places” and open the map in your Google Map app on your mobile device.
- Member galleries are collectively open from 6-9pm
- For special events & openings, see the list below
- Oakland Art Murmur Map PDF
- Parking, public transportation and gallery hours info available at Visit Oakland Art Murmur
- The street festival in Uptown — along Telegraph Ave, between Grand + 27th — is organized by Oakland First Fridays (a city, CBD, and community volunteer-run partnership). While the street festival may be cancelled due to rain, the galleries shall remain open for first Friday festivities.