Every month – rain or shine! On the first Friday of every month, Oakland Art Murmur hosts an evening art walk featuring member galleries and mixed-use venues collectively open to the public. Oakland Art Murmur (OAM) began organizing the free, monthly art walk — known as The Art Murmur — in 2006. Today, OAM is an organization of over 50 galleries that produces weekly art walks, guided tours and other exclusive events. Learn more at About Oakland Art Murmur.
- Member galleries are collectively open from 6-9pm
- For special events & openings, see the list below
- Oakland Art Murmur Map PDF / Oakland Art Murmur Google Map
- Parking, public transportation and gallery hours info available at Visit Oakland Art Murmur
- The street festival in Uptown — along Telegraph Ave, between Grand-27th —is organized by Oakland First Fridays (a city, CBD, and community volunteer-run partnership). While the street festival may be cancelled due to rain, the galleries shall remain open for First Friday festivities.
- Not feeling the Friday art walk? Join us any Saturday for our weekly Saturday Stroll art walk